Step 1: Register at www.techease.in
Step 2: Identify bad designs – to get an idea, refer to www.usabilitymatters.org
Step 3: Take photographs of the bad designs you identify in day-to-day life.
Step 4: Give a description of the problem in a convenient language. (English/Hindi/Telugu)
Step 5: Submit the baddesign entries along with the photographs at email@example.com
Step 6: Send across the following details:
Year of study:
Organization(if you are working):
1. Deadline for registration and submission of entries: Will be updated soon.
2. No limit on the number of entries per college
3. Each entry can be submitted by only one individual, and an individual can submit multiple entries
4. Total number of participants selected is limited to 200
5. Students for workshop will be selected based on the quality of their entries
6. Names of the students selected for workshop will be announced on the portal and by email, by14 Sept 2009
7. There will be a registration fee (to be announced shortly at the website)
8. Entries forTechEase'09 will also be considered for Boycott Bad Design contest - a separate event being conducted by UsabilityMatters.org - under which each of the Top 10 bad designs will be awarded a cash prize.
Students of any year but preferably pursuing their final or pre-final year in engineering; design and architecture are eligible. Passed out students and working professionals who are interested will also be considered.
Passed out students and working professionals who are interested will also be considered.